Sunday 24 February 2013

All behind

No, that's not - does my bum look big in this? Behind in the sense of - where is my chapter 3? Where is my chapter 6? Boss me is getting really pissed off with worker me and here I am updating my blog instead of writing either chapter 3 or chapter 6. Dear me.

I had a picture to post here but I left it on my PC and I'm on my laptop... will go network it over, hang on a minute.

 While we're waiting - I like this guy:

http://brooklyntweed.blogspot.co.uk/

He makes knitting patterns. A lot of them are kind of girly but he does some nice guys' stuff as well. I'm making a hat that's a free pattern. Free because I'm cheap. And making it because it's fucking cold here, like, I have the heat on, I have double glazing, I have the gas fire on, it is STILL cold. 

Not that I'm suggesting I'm going to sit in my room with a hat on. Because that would be weird kind of homeless-person behaviour. I was, for a while, a homeless person. It was years ago and I don't care to be reminded of those halcyon days. 

I realise now that I've named one of the characters in the Gay Authors story after somebody I knew in London around that time. Bill. I liked him. He was kind to me at a time when that was a rarity. Gods know whatever happened to him, he was a Dilly boy or whatever the fuck the PC term is for that. Sex worker? Well, you should work at it, that's what I say. Make some fucking effort there, don't leave it all to the top! :D

My character Billy has actually been around for ages. He was part of a project I was doing with ffabris to make a comic about homeless kids that had been thrown out of their homes for being gay. That never got finished as both fab and I had personal stuff going on at the time. Maybe I should do that myself? I could put it on my website. The one I don't have right now. I have a couple of domain names but neither of them is appropriate.

Lol, I did an absolutely atrocious comic a few years back about a bunch of rednecks who were all called Billy- something. Billy-Jean, Billy-Bob and Billy-Joe, I think. Oh, and the baby was called Billy-Jesus. 

Okay, this is getting way too stream-of-consciousness now. I'm going to go find that picture and post it. Back in a mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment