Tuesday 24 June 2014

Football musings

What about this World Cup, then? Better than the last one.

England - oh dear. Dear oh dear oh dear. DEARIE DEARIE ME!

So now they're out, I'm supporting Mexico. Good team, smiley faces, drew Brazil due in big part to excellent keeper. People like to blame the keeper - nice to see one being praised instead.

Not sure what they'll do against Holland, though. Tough team.

Favourite commentator phrase - he knows where the goal is. Well. Duh. It's that stringy thing at one end or the other for those who don't...

Ah, well, back to work - will publish an excerpt in a minute. Working In Unison off to a publisher - yes, I know, it should be off to an agent but they were having open submissions at Jonathan Cape so I thought, may as well. Given that it still wants redrafting and I need a bit of space before I do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment